MEET ILLUSTRATOR RONDA EDEN
1. Could you tell us a little about yourself Ronda?
I was born in Adelaide Australia and came to the USA on a teaching exchange. I taught elementary age children for about 15 year before becoming a professional Artist AOT. ( AOT stands for Among Other Things) I was also a travelling storyteller teaching about Australian and performing my own stories. I now live in Laramie, Wyoming with my husband Mernie. Together we own and operate a horse boarding facility with approximately 70 equines. We are also avid endurance riders and have property in Wellington, Nevada where we will eventually retire.
2. Describe your desk/workspace.
A room. A very messy room! I have lots of other studios in the past both in and away from my living space. I can send you some pictures of them if you like.
3. Do you have a favorite quote?
Yes “Nothing tis neither bad nor good but thinking that makes it so”. William Shakespeare.
4. What are you currently reading?
Norman Thelwell’s Riding Academy.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
“Just do the best you can with what you’ve got!”
6. If you could have coffee with anyone (living or dead, real or fictional), who would it be and why?
7. What are your top three favorite books and why?
The Places You’ll Go by Theodore Geisel ( Dr Seuss )This is not just a children’s book. On the contrary it is a story of life and how best to get through it. It should be a must for everyone to read.
The Decline and Fall of Practically Everybody, Illustrations by William Steig. William Steig is one of my favorite illustrators. Cuppy is a genius of wit. Very silly.
Jonathon Livingston Seagull . Richard Bach Thought provoking and short.
8. What was your favorite book as a child and why?
The Silver Brumby series by Elyne Mitchell. I was horse crazy and still am.
Thank you so much for being here on my blog. I look forward to reading your book!